Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Get Ready for Tea Time.

Is there anything better than afternoon tea? How about afternoon tea with homemade biscuits and jam? If you answered no to both of these questions then you need to visit Arabella’s tea room. 
Arabella's Tea Room 280 King St. Port Colborne
Arabella’s tea room is located in a 1915 Edwardian cottage which is part of the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum Heritage Village. The Village includes the original 1869 Georgian-revival style Home and Carriage House of Arabella Williams which houses the main exhibit galleries, Humberstone's first log schoolhouse, the 1850 log home of John and Sally Sherk, the F.W. Woods and Sons 1880 Marine Blacksmith Shop, a Marine Exhibit Lighthouse and Arabella’s tearoom.

From June to September visitors can stop by the tea room between the hours of 2-4p.m. to enjoy some team and homemade biscuits and during the Christmas season the tea room offers its special holiday pudding. Arabella’s volunteers dress in period costume which helps create an authentic Edwardian atmosphere.

Arabella’s tea room is one of my favourite places to visit in Niagara. Whether I go with friends or I bring a book as my companion, nothing quite beats sitting in the summer sun with fine china, a good cup of tea and an outstanding view.

In preparation for your visit to a tea room here are some tips for proper tea room etiquette. Happy tea time!


11 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun afternoon activity with friends, I'll have to check it out. Thanks Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks so cute! I love finding quant restaurants, cafes and pubs. Hidden gems such as this always have so much character. Hopefully I can check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love going for afternoon tea and this seems like the perfect place. Love your blog Courtney! Really useful and interesting information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anytime you need an afternoon tea buddy let me know! Arabella's tea room is such a fun place to visit :)

      Delete
  4. This is so quaint! I'm definitely trying this out in June! I just discovered my love for scones and English cream...mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to drive past this place all the time and wonder what the hell a Tea Room was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you know what a Tea Room is maybe it's time you visit one ;)

      Delete
  6. SO adorable! I didn't know there were so many cute places to visit in Niagara! haha thanks Court, I absolutely love tea, I'm definitely going to make the boyfriend take me here sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to a tea room, but I think it would be such a great experience! I'm going to have to head to Arabella’s sometime this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love tea and this seems like a really fun way to enjoy one. I will definitely be checking out one of our local tea rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like I have a new place to bring my mom during the summer. She'd love this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete