Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Rediscover Niagara: The Journey

Hi. I’m Courtney and I’m from the Niagara Region.

After growing up in Niagara (and more specifically, the small town of Port Colborne) the 17 year old me was ready for new sights, new sounds and new adventures, so I packed my bags, said goodbye to this one-horse town and started fresh 2 hours north of here. That’s right folks, I was off to university.
While I was busy making friends, pulling all-nighters and partaking in the occasional party, four years passed quickly and before I knew it I was getting ready to move back to the Niagara Region.  At first I was pretty bummed to be going back to the place I so eagerly left only 4 years ago. However, I accepted my fate and moved back to my hometown, expecting every minute to become paralyzed with boredom but instead something magical happened; I rediscovered Niagara.
From small restaurants hidden along the lakeshore, to unknown landmarks and sights I quickly realized that the Niagara Region is truly one of a kind and has a lot to offer.
Today I’m setting off on another journey and this time I don’t have to move 2 hours away to do it! Join me as I explore the sights and sounds of the Niagara region in order to discover the places that make it so unique. Join me as I Rediscover Niagara.

6 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I came home from university! I had expected to hate Niagara once more, but instead I was hiking, trying new restaurants, even doing "touristy" stuff! I look forward to reading your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm new to the niagara region, and know nothing about the area, so I'm excited to see what you recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Market square, Mahtay Cafe and Decew Falls are some of my favourite places in Niagara. I look forward to reading about places you like because I am always down to check out new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bleu Turtle, Good Earth Food and WIne Co., and Gelato Village are some of my favourite restaurants in the area. Can you tell I'm a foodie? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've lived in the region for less than a year, and I have only experienced a small piece of the whole Niagara pie! I can't wait to read about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing that you are 'rediscovering' the Niagara Region! Some cool places that you have visited so far...

    ReplyDelete